Easily Transfer WordPress Site to New Host/Server/Domain
- Move single-site installation to another single site server.
- Move WP single-site to existing multisite sub-site.
- Migrate subsite to another multisite sub-site.
- Migrate multisite sub-site to single-site.
- Migrate within WordPress admin.
- WordPress backup and restore packages within single-site or multisite.
- Backup WordPress subsite (in multisite).
- You can backup the WordPress database within admin before testing something and restore it with one click.
- Cross-platform compatible (Nginx / Apache / Litespeed / Microsoft IIS / Localhost).
- Clone single site and restore it to any server.
- Clone subsite in multisite and restore it as single-site or multisite.
- Supports legacy multisites.
- Debug package.
- Save tons of time during migration with the direct site to site package transfer.
- Move the backup location outside WordPress public directory for better security.
- Migrate or backup WordPress multisite main site.
- Encrypt WordPress database in backups for maximum data privacy.
- Encrypt WordPress upload files inside backup for better security.
- Encrypt plugin and theme files inside the backup/package for protection.
- Export and restore the backup package from Dropbox.
- Save and restore packages from and to Google Drive.
- Exclude plugins from the backup (or network activated plugins if multisite).
- Exclude upload directory files from the backup to reduce the package size.
- Create a new multisite subsite with a specific blog ID.
- Disable network maintenance in multisite so only affected subsite is in maintenance mode.
- Configure migration parameters to optimize and tweak backup/migration packages.
- It includes all complete restoration options at your own choice and convenience.
- Full access to settings screen to manage all basic and plugin advanced configurations.
- Upload to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optionally, opt in to security & feature updates notification including non-sensitive diagnostic tracking with freemius.com. If you skip this, that’s okay! Prime Mover will still work just fine.
- You should see the Prime Mover Control Panel. Click ”Go to Migration Tools“ to start migrating sites.
What makes Prime Mover unique to other existing migration and backup plugins?
- The free version has no restriction on package size, number of websites or mode of migration (single-site or multisite will work). (Note: Exporting/Restoring a multisite main site is a PRO feature)
- The free version supports WordPress multisite migration on any number of subsites except that exporting/restoring the multisite main site is a PRO feature.
- It can backup WordPress multisite sub-sites or migrate multisite.
- No need to delete your WordPress installation, create/delete the database, and all other technical stuff. It will save you a lot of time.
- This is not hosting-dependent. Prime Mover is designed to work with any hosting companies you want to work with.
- The free version has full multisite migration functionality. This feature is usually missing in most migration plugins free version.
- Full versatility – migrating from your localhost, dev site, or from a live site to another live site.
- You will be doing the entire migration inside the WordPress admin. Anyone with administrator access can do it. There is no need to hire a freelancer to do the job – saves you money.
- No messing with complicated migration settings, the free version has built-in settings. Only choose a few options to export and migrate, that’s it.
- You can save, download, delete, and migrate packages using the management page.
- No need to worry about PHP configuration and server settings. Compatible with most default PHP server settings even in limited shared hosting.
- Prime Mover works with modern PHP versions 5.6 to 8.0 (Google Drive feature requires at least PHP 7.0).
- The code is following PHP-fig coding standards (standard PHP coding guidelines).
- You don’t need to worry about setting up users or changing user passwords after migration. It does not overwrite existing site users after migration.
For more common questions, please read the plugin FAQ listed in the developer site.
Contributors & Developers
“Migrate WordPress Website & Backups – Prime Mover” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Migrate WordPress Website & Backups – Prime Mover” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fixed: Double search replacement caused by relative content URL scheme.
- Fixed: Compatibility issues with WPCS.IO environment.
- Fixed: PHP 8.0 runtime error on sprintf search-replace call.
- Fixed: MySQL errors when dropping tables during restore.
- Fixed: Non-existing sites error when loading sites in multisite package manager.
- Fixed: Compatibility issues with Bitnami WordPress virtual machine.
- Fixed: Canonical upload directory path issues during restore.
- Fixed: Incomplete migration logs.
- Fixed: Incorrect plugin paths for adding plugin headers to cache.
- Fixed: Prime Mover creating wrong export directories during restore.
- Fixed: Disable heartbeat API only on locked Prime Mover processes.
- Fixed: Foreign constraint key exceeding 64 character limit.
- Fixed: Gearbox packages not refreshed when refreshing package manager.
- Fixed: Packages are not auto-refreshed when changing keys.
- Fixed: Fatal runtime error when restoring the site when using incompatible WordPress config.
- Fixed: Compatibility issues with customized wp-config configuration.
- Fixed: Compatibility issues with Bedrock WordPress stack.
- Fixed: String offset cast occurred error.
- Fixed: Updated Freemius SDK to latest version 2.4.5.
- Fixed: Overwritten import progress tracker due to search replace process.
- Fixed: Performance issues with redundant logging.
See the previous changelogs in changelog.txt.